Thursday, November 22, 2007

A set of 5 cards


My sister in law has a co-worker that wanted me to make a few Christmas cards for her, and this was after my lovely sil raved about the cards I make (thank you Erin) and so she wanted to have 5 of the "Peaceful Wishes" card that I had made at a SU night at Julie's house (in September I think). I made it basically the same way, but this time I added a little pocket on the inside on the left hand side of the card (at the request of the customer)... it was to put a gift card type thing in the card. I was quite pleased with how the cards turned out, and I set out right away and mailed them to her so they could get to her before December :)! So here is a picture of one of the cards that I made...

I used Always Artichoke as the card base, mellow moss as the second layer, and Bravo Burgandy as the third and another layer of mellow moss as my fourth layer. I first used my first "Peaceful Wishes" card as my measuring stick to measure out the other pieces of cardstock for my 5 cards. Once I had all my pieces cut out, I stamped the sprig using the Always Artichoke ink and then brushed the sides of the cardstock with the ink pad of the "Mellow Moss". Next, I punched the holes that I was going to put my 1/4" Bravo Burgandy grosgrain ribbon through and the punch I used was the SU punch. Next I cut the ribbon to about 2 1/2", then fed both ends through both holes, then I took one end and fed it back through the opposite hole (repeated with the other end of the ribbon). I also used the SU corner ticket punch to take off the corners, which I thought made it look a bit more elegant :)!
I then used my "2 Way Glue" to color in the berries on the stamped image, ad then I tapped on some "Stampendous" ultra fine clear/white glitter onto the glue. I was quite impressed with this glitter, because I didn't have to blow off the excess or bang it off or brush it off the cardstock. I just tapped it once and all the excess came off, which I thought was really great...plus, I didn't looke like a huge glitter ball when I was done!! I preferred this glitter over the SU glitter that we used on the original card that I had made at the SU party at Julie's house. Oh, in case you were wondering I got the glitter from my favorite stamping store "Carousel" the other day when I was there :)!
I then attached the top piece of cardstock with the stamped sprig image on it to the piece of Bravo Burgandy using my "Mini Pop Dots" which added a nice touch to the card.
Next, I decided to stamp the images on my larger Mello Moss piece of cardstock using the Mellow Moss ink pad and I stamped 2 sprig images. I stamped one going up and one going down on the cardstock, then I used the Bravo Burgandy ink to stamp the sentiment "Peaceful Wishes" just under the 2 other stamped sprig images. Once that was done, I took the Bravo Burgandy piece of cardstock and attached it over top of the 2 stamped sprig images (it was also placed just above the sentiment) using my picture stickers. Finally, I took the three pieces of cardstock and attached them to the Always Artichoke card base and voila done :)! I just LOVE these colors for Christmas cards, so soft yet elegant together...
Well, I must get going...time to start thinking about supper and add a log or two to my furnace (it is a wood/oil combo), so take care and happy stamping!

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful card!! :0)