Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Coffee Talk


Well, I read in the November 2007 issue of "Family Circle" magazine and lookie what I found!!! Here is what the article said:


" Keep on drinking your morning java. A new study found that women who downed three or more cups per day (or six cups of tea) are 30% less likely to have memory decline at th age of 65 than those who sip one cup or less daily. Why?? It seems that caffeine may help reduce levels of beta amyloid, a protein that accumulates in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease says study author Karen Ritchie, Ph.D., of the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research"


Hmm...after I read that I thought to myself, and what about those of us who are having serious memory issues NOW?? Lol, I have been having serious memory loss these past couple of days...it is crazy. Here are a few examples of how bad my memory is:


~ I had purchased several Bella stamps (a very good thing), but I had forgotten where I had put them and was in serious need of finding them to make a card...I looked high, I looked low, I looked in every nook and cranny. I tore apart my little craft room...looked in the last place before I threw a fit and sure enough there they were...got rid of that sick feeling in my stomach. So my theory is that we should all look in the last place first, that way it would save us all that time of running around with that sick feeling in our stomachs.


~ I bought a gift card for someone the other day for Christmas, once I bought it I put it into one of my bags that was under the stroller...I carried on with my day and shopping...then last night, I had couldn't remember for the life of me where I put it...sigh, yep another frenzied whirlwind through the house...yep, it was also in the last place I looked. Lol!


~ Or phone has been acting weird, it has no dial tone, or it likes to call people I haven't talked to or dialed their number for that day...so I called my phone company, and they told me they would be out to my house Thursday morning (this was last week). I totally forgot about them, I went into the city to do some errands...I get home and am standing at the bus stop waiting for my son to come home. Next, thing I see an Aliant truck drive by us...just as they did that my memory came with the truck and I felt soooooooo bad that I had forgotten. Sure enough they came back down the hill, and we flagged them down...they fixed my phone for me...felt awkward!


~My son's school was having a food drive and each child in their class was supposed to bring food in for the day on the calender that had their name on it...My son's day was yesterday, I even told the teacher last night at the parent teacher night that I would put something in his bag for today. Lol, yep you guessed it...I forgot again...sigh.


I am in serious need of my memory to come back and fast, because I am going to be grey haired by the end of this week :p! If anyone has seen my memory somewhere, please send it back to me :p....

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I am with ya on this one. If I am this bad at 37, just imagine what I will be like at 65??? Yikes!! :0)