Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Grandmother passed away last night



I got a call last night from my mother about 7:30 p.m., saying my Grandmother passed away peacefully and that my Dad was there. I decided that I should make the wonderful nurses and doctor's a special card, basically to say thank you for all they did for her.


The first picture is of the outside of the card! I used Mellow Moss for the base of the card, then I stamped the "Doodle This" flourish onto a lightly marbled cardstock from Carousel using a Green Dew drop ink pad. I then stamped the "Jolie's Fleurs" flower image onto the same marbled cardstock, I colored it in, then attached it to the stem using the mini pop up dots. I also cut a piece of chocolate chip cardstock (from Carousel) to size, then attached the stamped flower/stem to it using the photo stickers. Next, I attached those things to the Mellow moss card base. I then thought that the card needed a little something else on the front of it, so I stamped the "Just a Note" sentiment onto it. That sentiment stamp is from the NEW $1.5o stamp set from Michael's, and they are the clear acryllic stamp sets. The second picture is of the inside of the card, just stamped a "Thank You" sentiment on the inside...sorry the first picture is so dark it doesn't look this dark on my camera ( how frustrating is that).

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Just wanted to send a hug and tell you I'm sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing.

Tracy.H said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Catherine,

My deepest sympathies again on the passing of your grandmother. May she be at peace now.

Your card is just lovely and such a wonderful gesture. The nurses will really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Big hugs,
Julie