Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Double Slider Card Tutorial













Okkie, I said I was going to make one of these the other day...and life happened and I didn't do one until today...so sorry! I got this from SCS (Splitcoaststampers), here's the addy: www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/doubleslidecard.php I also have to apologize for not having pictures to go with steps 2-10, lol, what can I say I got a little wrapped up in doing the card...I sorta forgot to take pictures for those steps. I will get better at this tutorial thang :P! Here's my version of the card:

Supplies you will need:

~Stamps (of course)

~Word window punch or you can improvise like Julie does...I used my paintbrush program tomake a long rectangle.

~1/2 circle punch (or improvise again)
~Dimensionals

~ Sticky tape

~regular adhesive

~ink

~one 4 1/4" X 11" piece of cardstock scored at 5 1/2" for the card base (any color cardstock)

~one 2"x3 1/2" piece of neutral cardstock for front slider

~ one 3 1/2"x5 piece of neutral cardstock for back slider

~one 3"x 3 1/2" of neutral cardstock for main image

~scrap pieces of cardstock for layering


Directions

1. Stamp and embellish all neutral cardstock. Pick the color you want to use for your layers, and add it onto the back of your neutral carstock pieces (you don't have to add layers if you don't want to).

2. Slide the word window punch in from the cards front's long side until it doesn't go any further and punch. OR you can do what I did and use the Paintbrush program on my computer and printed out a shape (long narrow rectangle) that I could use to cut out my slot. Oh yeah, and only punch 2 slots out on one side of your cardstock not both!!

3. Move the punch over a bit and repeat. OR use the template you printed out and use that to make a second slot. I used my exacto knife to cut my slots out that I had traced out using my printed rectangle!! In the end you should have 2 parallel slots on the card front.

4. Punch out 4 circles from scrap paper with a 1/2" circle punch, or improvise again.

5. Add a dimensional on two of your 4 circles.

6. Position the circles at the bottom of each slot behind the cards front

7. Add the other 2 cardstock circles on to of the dimensionals on the other side of the card...

8. Open your card up. Center the back slider in the middle of your card and line up the top of the slider and the top of the card. Make sure to have the stamped image facing you!! Add a glue dot or use photo stickers to the circles.

9. Fold the card. The back slider will adhere to the circles.

10. Open the card, and add a photo sticker or glue dot to each of the circles on the front of the card. Before you close your card, use super tacky tape down either side of the card...then close it up.

11. Center the front slider over the circles. Make sure that the main stamped image will still cover the front slider.
12. Add dimensionals to your main stamped image over the front slider.

13. Position the main image over the front slider. Make sure that when you slide your images that they don't get stuck on any of the dimensionals on your main image.

14. add a little tab using scrap cardstock, or use an eyelet and some ribbon to make a tag that you can pull on to pull out your slider card.

15. Write your message on your smaller slider card that will pop up with the other larger slider card.
Voila you are done :)!

I must say that I really enjoyed making this kind of card, and will have to get myself a word window punch so I can make this card more easily. What a great card, it is different and fun to make! Try it out and let me know what you think :)!

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I LOVE these double slider cards! Thanks for the tutorial!

Cheryl KVD said...

Excellent tutorial!! I'm going to try it! Thanks!
Cheryl KVD