Friday, June 29, 2007

My Anniversary Gift For My Sister In Law and Hubby







I made this explsion box using matt board that I picked up at "Loomis And Toole" in Halifax, they charge half of what Michaels does for the same sized sheet of matt board (lol, I know the spelling of that is wrong...just looks weird). At Michael's you pay at least $20.oo for it and at Loomis you pay $7.oo or so...rip off or what!!! I chose the green grass color board :), but they had a lot of colors to choose from.


Steps to make this project:


1) I first took one of my 5 year old son's books from his room that I thought would be a good size, and then I traced it out to make an enlarged plus sign


2) Next, I cut it out using my exacto knife. Once I cut it out I scored the inside of it (the green side because that is the side I wanted facing out).


3) I then cut out a lid for my box...measuring it carefully so that it will fit my box (stressful moments there).


4) Then once I completed that I cut out several sheets of paper (I used pink text paper), so that they could go inside the box and be my picture flaps on all the pannels including the one in the middle of the box. I glued all the picture flaps into the box.


5) I tied all of my box lid corners using some nice green ribbon from "Spool O' Ribbon" that I got from Michael's. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes into my box lid, was like it was cutting through butter...I LOVE my crop-a-dile :)!


6) I used my versamark ink pad and also the weathered white embossing powder to stamp the images on to my box, made a great effect on my box...would recommend it!!!


7) I used the stamp set "Doodle This" for this project and I don't think I would want to use any of my other stamps for this project but you can use any stamp set you would like. I also used the flower from the same set, stamped 2 of them...then colored one of the flowers in and then I attached the flowers together using dimensionals. I also added some leaves under the flower too to make it look more like a flower I guess...then I attached the flower to the top of the box :)!


Voila, I am done my project (stressed and grey haired by the end of it, but it is done...no I am not really grey haired just feel like it)! If you have any questions about this project just send me a comment or e-mail and I will gladly respond to it :)!

2 comments:

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Just found your blog today and LOVE it! I especially love that you used Mellow Moss and white craft ink on this box. Mellow Moss is one of my favorite colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Catherine. Love the step by step instructions. Justw anted to let you know you've been tagge don my blog at http://charlyscrazycorner.blogspot.com