Monday, June 25, 2007

Kraftin Kimmies Korner card challenge entry


For this challenge we were allowed to use any style, any kind of layout that we wanted...but the key is to use black and a pastel color cardstock in your card like Kimmie did on her blog. Here is my entry for her challenge, I highly recommend going to check out her blog...you never know what you are going to find :)!

For the base of my card I decided I would use some black cardstock that I purchased from Michaels, I also got this beautiful pastel colored patterned cardstock called "Garden Floral" by "Scrapbook Walls" ( which is chalk full of pastel colors). I had a scrap piece of pink pastel colored cardstock that I had purchased from Michaels, in one of their 50 sheets of cardstock collection.
To get those jagged edges to my cardstock I used my Fiskars Rotary paper cutter with the special blade, and for my stamped image I used Penny Black's Hedgehog stamp entitled " Buzz in the air". To color in the stamped image I used Prisma colored pencils, which I need to play around with a bit more...still haven't mastered using them yet!! Let me know what you think...

5 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

I love that stamp! and what you did with it, so I just had to go visit this Kimmie, and she is amazing! I love her stuff, thanks for showing me the way.
I got one of the worst migranes today, i am not having fun at all ;P and both kids are sleeping, I am giving them both 5 mints to vent out and then I am back in their room, this time to beg them to go sleep!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a terrific job with your card!! The colours are lovely and there's absolutely nothing wrong with your colouring! It's great!! That stamp is TOO cute! Love those hedgehogs!! Thanks for taking my challenge!!

Tracy.H said...

Love it! I think I have that DP too...have not used it yet though. Gonna have to now ;0)

Michele Kovack said...

What a cute card....that stamp is the cutest!

Corie said...

cute card -- so adorable