Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Something new


I am soooo excited to share this with you all, I know this might sound crazy to belive this is true but it is true and I just had to share a picture with you of this occasion. Today was the actual FIRST day my 4 year old son played actually played with his little sister, usually he would rather hoard all the toys so she has nothing to play with or be rough with her. Don't get me wrong that still sort of happened today, but look they are actually sitting down and playing with eachother happily. He was getting her to help him solve a "mystery" as he put it...I think he got this idea from CBC's "Busytown Heros".
I am also happy because today he has used several sentences to tell me what is bothering him rather than whining and getting frustrated, which is a HUGE improvement. I am sooooo glad we are sending him to Wee Care Developmental for Preschool, they have been doing an amazing job with him. We are going to be starting up an IPP program for him in the beginning of November, so it will be an individualized program for him and him alone that we can use here at home too :)!
We have an Early Interventionist coming out to the house now every week or just about that, who will be working with us here at our house with issues we feel need addressing. She is coming out this Friday morning, this will be her second visit out to us...and we are looking forward to seeing her :). She is hopefully bringing with her a "first and then" chart for us to use, as well as a daily routine chart that will both be posted where our son can see it and know what is coming up.
He seems to be a visual learner, which means everything or just about everything has to be done in visuals like pictures...that is how we got him to learn how to dress himself everyday!

Hugs,
catherine

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

so cute! I am so happy for you that you are starting to see some small changes...I am sure it is helping to give you some hope. :0)

Deborah March said...

How WONDERFUL is that Ms. Catherine!! YAAAYYY!!!