Saturday, October 25, 2008

Annual Xmas craft show





So today was the annual xmas craft show that I goto with my dh's wonderful Aunts, we were a little disappointed though this year. Some of our favorite booths weren't there this year, or they were there but didn't have anything new and exciting. The lady who makes the jewlery out of the forks/spoons/butter knives was there, but she didn't have anything new or exciting :(. We are going to another craft show in a few weeks though that hopefully will be better...we will see though. Here is what I did get though, I just had to share it with you :D!







I found this beautiful painting (I am sure I could have made it myself at home), with a beautiful sentiment at the bottom left hand corner. Something about this painting really made me feel I had to have it for my crafty area.... for inspiration perhaps. Or perhaps it was just something that I felt some sort of comfort from by reading the sentiment. The only thing I didn't like about this painting is the artist drew it in pencil, including the sentiment and DIDN'T erase her pencil lines. I was disappointed by this when I saw it in the light in my bedroom...sometimes I wonder...you take the time to do beautiful work, but yet it seems kind of sloppy to leave your pencil marks still on. Lol, hope the artist isn't reading my blog...


The next thing I picked up was really beautiful, and no I have no idea as to whom I will be giving them to. They are frosted round ornaments that are about a inch thick...going to have to find out where to get these ornaments (the non-painted one's I mean). I am not a tole painter, but I think they would look stunning to either stamp on or perhaps even use SU rub-ons with.







Anyways, this is the first one I picked up that had the Chickadee on it. The second one has a Cardinal on it, beautiful eh?? Anyone know if Michael's carries these ornaments (plain)??? Wish I knew how to tole paint like this....




The final ornament I picked up was this adorable snowflake, that was once again tole painted but it looks simple enough to do...lol, probably not that simple. I wanted to get it for my dd, dunno wanted to get her a special ornament she can pass down to her dd if she ever has children :). I so have to learn how to tole paint...anyone know if you can get plain snowflakes at Michael's??

I did get one other thing, I got some yummy fudge but I didn't want to tempt anyone or make anyone jealous. So I didn't take a picture of them...the first flavor is mint chocolate and the second one was vanilla caramel. It isn't the hard kind of fudge, it is the soft melt in your mouth kind of fudge...buttery...okay I will stop.

Hugs,
catherine

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Looks like you had a great time at the craft show! I have not gone to ours in a few years...maybe this year I will try and make it down! :0)