Sunday, October 12, 2008

Some Fall Pictures

Yesterday, we went out to the new site for the children/youth camp called Bayside to check out how the construction is coming along. This camp is a Christian summer camp, and will also be used by many other churches for retreats as well...my oldest son went to the "old Bayside" for the first time this summer. Myself and many of our family members have all attended Bayside at one time or another, and he just couldn't wait to finally be able to go. Next year, will be the first year at the new camp and what a camp it will be :D! There is going to be a nice brick mosaic made out infront of the main lodge with names of all the people who donated money to this wonderful camp. Kinda neat I thought :D!




My father in law is in charge of building the cabins, and has had lots of people come out either through the week or weekends to help out in anyway they can. So here are some pictures I took while I was there :)! This first picture is taken from where the main lodge is gonig to sit, what a view eh?? Beautiful fall colors out there :)!









Here is a picture (from left to right) of: my middle child, my lil cutie nephew, my sister in law, my oldest son all eating a picnic lunch that we packed and are enjoying. There were lots of helpers there yesterday, and they ranged in age too which was also kind of neat to I thought.








Here is a picture of my dd, sitting on a rock...LOVE this picture of her, especially with the wind blowing her little whisps of hair. As you can see it was a beautiful fall day :)! I took this sequence of pictures, by having the children sit next to eachother and then take each of their pictures seperately.








I took my middle child's picture next because he was being so co-operative, and he was having a good morning too. The funny thing was that the kids through these sequence of pictures they were saying "cheese" the whole entire time, lol, poor things had a perma-cheese smile on their faces.






Here is my oldest son, he really didn't want to be sitting here for mommy to be taking his picture. Lol, he wanted to be running around and helping all these men/women build the cabins. That is the type of child he is :)! He is caring, compassionate, sympathetic, a big helper, he will help anyone when they need it...including those he doesn't know.





Here is one of the many group shots that I took, while we were there at the camp. Lol, I couldn't seem to get all the children to not blink as I was taking the picture. OR they just looked away from the camera as I took the picture, lol...the were too funny :)! My mother in law got a few good pictures of them that I have to get copies of :)!








There are the smiles I was looking for, and everyone isn't blinking :)! It was a good thing we went on Saturday, because today is a wet/cold/rainy day.





HAPPY THANKSGIVING again to all my Canadian crafty friends :)!


Hugs,
catherine

2 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Great pictures, Catherine! The ones of the kids by themselves taken in sequence is great - you'll have to do something special with those. I also really like the last one of the three of them. All with big smiles. Awesome pic! Thanks for sharing! :)

Looks like you're having a great thanksgiving spent with family and friends. Have a great day today, too!

Hugs,
Julie

Deborah March said...

Wonderful photos Catherine! Sounds like you enjoyed a lovely family Thanksgiving!