Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My dad....

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my dad had a heart attack while he was at the cottage trying to close it for the season with my mom. He was taken by ambulance to Yarmouth Regional hospital, it is a 45 min drive from my parents cottage and they declared he had a heart attack then. He was then transferred yesterday only for 48 hours to the city hospital (where he is from and lives and works) to do several tests, then he is going back to Yarmouth because they don't have any beds for him here. nice eh?? The dr. that was in to see him, listened to his neck and she heard a noise guess that means there is a blockage or a few of them somewhere. This blockage my mom tells me is the same one my great Uncle had just before he was diagnosed with cancer. My mom is having a hard time with this, as one would in this situation...but she really doesn't want to go back down to Yarmouth. We won't know anything until after this dye test is done, fingers crossed and prayers are being said....I will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Catherine,

My thoughts are with your Dad, your Mum and you during this time. If there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hugs,
Julie

Nancy said...

Just wanted to send you a hug! I know from experience what it's like to be going through health "issues" with your Dad... it's hard. Thankfully he is in good (if not changing) hands.

Hugs to you!

Tracy.H said...

Big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

My thoughts are with you and your family.