Friday, August 1, 2008

crafty, crafty, me

I


Okay, so I am not exactly one to keep a neat or organized recipe box or scribbler or album or whatever it is one uses to store recipe's in. Here is what I do, I get a recipe from someone and then I stick it next to or somewhere around my phone book. NOT a good place to stick recipe's because they get lost, or too wrinkled and then there is my dh who isn't impressed by my filing system. Neat looking storage system eh?? Not quite!! For awhile now I have been debating as to what to do with my recipes, and now I figured it out :)! Here is what I did :

1) I went to Zellers and found a cheap small 2 pictures to a page photo album.



2) I bought some 4 by 6 recipe cards from the Dollar store, actually my dh bought them at the Dollar store on his way home from work yesterday.

3) I found all my recipes that were stored around my phone book, and I sorted them into 2 piles: a) sweets and b) soups and things.

4) Then I wrote them all out onto the 4 by 6 recipe cards, and then put them into the photo pockets. I also made 2 dividers for the two sections, here is a picture of one of the dividers that I made.

This one I actually took pictures of is for a friend of mine, who wanted a few of my recipes and so I thought it would be nice to copy them out and give her a nice recipe album. So this one is attempt number one, and I can't wait to get started on mine now :)! I will start it when the long weekend (this weekend) is over with...then I will take pictures of it when it is done. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and hope you get some crafty time in :)!

Hugs,
catherine

0 comments: