Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am back...well sort of....lol


Today is a busy day, no time to stop and take a breather let alone someone developing a rash or fever or runny nose or cough :(! Last Thursday my dd had her 18 mos needles (one in each arm), we then were driving down to my parents cottage when my dd started to gag a bit plus she had a fever. I pulled over changed her clothes, and luckily it was foggy with a heavy mist...so I walked her around outside for a few minutes but we still had 1/2 hour to drive to the cottage. We got there she seemed to perk up, the next day she was hot still but seemed to be okay just not hungry at all. That night she developed a cough, then a runny nose...by Monday she was miserable :(! We headed home Monday late afternoon and she luckily slept the whole way home, and she also slept through the night that night which I was worried she wouldn't do. Yesterday, she was so miserable and cranky plus she didn't eat much at all :(! This morning I noticed on her left arm a swollen hot pink rash on her arm, which I only noticed because it looked like a burn and she was scratching it. I thought perhaps she slept on it funny, but it still hasn't gone down any, so I am off at some point to the duty dr. to have her checked out and I will keep you posted as to what happened with her.
Before all this happened my 4 year old son, has a Speech/Language appointment this morning at 11 a.m. and I hope that goes well. It is part of our long drawn out adventure that I will tell you more about later!! While he is off with me, my Aunt is going to be looking after the other two kids and I think she will take them over to a playground near by or take them to her house. Then I might take her to the duty dr. just up the road from the Speech center, which would be so much easier especially since I will have my Aunt with us. Then we are going to go for a picnic lunch, that I just finished making and packing up to eat while we are waiting for our afternoon to pass by.
My oldest son is going to his first overnight summer camp at Bayside Camp, it is a great camp that my dh and I have attended when we were young...but not as young as our ds. He will be there for 2 nights and for 3 days without mommy or daddy...I am nervous but feel he is ready. He is sooooooo excited he can hardly sit still, he keeps asking me if it is time yet to goto camp and I keep telling him that we don't have to be there until 3 p.m. I hope he has a wonderful time at camp, and will come home with lots of fun stories ....no injuries too would be nice. He is at that awkward stage of not knowing where he begins and or ends....poor guy!

I will talk to you all later, and I hope to have something crafty for you soon :)!

Hugs,
catherine

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Your kids are just beautiful! Hope your little one is better soon! :0)