Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's cottage


We were away this past weekend at my parents cottage, since it was a long weekend and all :)! Here are just a few of my favorite pictures that I took over the weekend and thought I would share them with you since I haven't been crafty. But never fear crafty time is near, lol, oh brother that was corny. I have to be crafty tomorrow since my Father-in-law and my dh's uncle are having Bdays coming up...have GOT to do something.

This first picture is of my 4 year old son, who is lying on a teeter totter at the small playground just down from my parents cottage. My kids and their friends spent a lot of time at this playground over the weekend...our ds was drawn to the teeter totter though.
Here is my dd waving at Grandpa (aka. Boppy or something close to it), who is sitting across the playground sitting on a picnic table talking to a friend of his or a fellow cottage owner. She was enjoying swinging, then just happened to spot my dad and started to get all excited :)! Too cute :)!



My poor dd not feeling well at my parents cottage community annual "Hot Dog" day, so much so she slept through the whole event and didn't wake up until everyone was packing up to go. My parents cottage is one of 30 or so cottages in a little community, and it is a beautiful spot to grow up during the summers. I have been going there since I was a baby, same with my mother and her family...kind of neat eh? It is like our own personal "Neverland" :D! We still don't know what is going on with our dd, she was seen by the duty dr. tonight and she said she hadn't seen this sort of thing before. But to put Benadryl cream on it...if she gets worse bring her back!!!



Here is a great picture, because this picture brings back a lot of memories for me at my parents cottage...this is a picture of my 2 sons and some of their friends playing on 2 large rocks. They called it "The Witches Cave", I don't think my crew had a name for it when we used to spend hours on these rocks hiding from the adults and running through our forest pathway systems we had. See what I mean by "Neverland"???




I just happened to look up from talking to one of the fellow mom's and a good friend of mine, when I saw my son just gazing off into no where...I just had to have that picture. So here he is deep in thought or something, just lying on one of those big rocks I mentioned above and you can see in the other picture. Although he sort of has a goofy look to him, which I didn't notice until I posted the picture on here...lol!




Here is a picture of my dd wearing her sun hat, and she is getting ready to go over to the playground...to get some of that nice foggy misty seaside air. She sort of reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake , perhaps it is all the pink she has on :p!






My older son is walking across the playground with a Hot dog and a pop in his hand, trying to eat it as fast as he can so that he can go back and play with his friends. Lol, unfortunately he doesn't look too happy in this picture...oh well...it is a hit or miss thing at this age :)!





This picture is a good one, this is my 4 year old trying to be a rescue hero and he is wanting to try and rescue me. I am apparently the princess, even though I was unaware of this adventure and the fact I was in it. I am not even in this picture but this is what he told me when I went over to talk to him, however he was kind of stuck in the tree and needed the "princess" to save him. Sounds like a new good "Fairy Tale", that should be written..I think it would sell lots of copies....of how the Princess saves the noble prince..lol :p! What do you think??





My sons decided that they wanted to go say goodbye to their friends, and so they felt a loud banging parade was in order. So my oldest got 2 of Grandma's water jugs, and started banging them together...our middle son used a ball to bang with his hands.







I realized that most of my pictures if not all my pictures were of the children, so I decided that I had better take one of my parents with the kids too. Here is part of the beach that we played on for a bit, that is if it wasn't raining or lightening out!!! My parents are helping my dd down the ramp, she was having a hard time getting down to the beach and so they offered to help her :)!





We decided that we should go down to the beach to play in the sand before we all piled into the van to come home, and my dd wasn't too fond of a BIG dog that was there. She thought grabbing the closest thing, which was Grandpas leg was a good idea and to hold on for dear life. Plus, she wasn't too sure of this somewhat damp and sticky sand :)!










Then she thought that Grandma's leg just might be better, and she also thought that she needed a hug. Plus, I think she thought if she went with Grandma that perhaps she would be able to sneak into the water...that is until she spotted the seaweed moving in the water. Guess it is snuggle time, and a great time to take advantage to get a hug out of it too :)!





Here is my oldest son and a little girl that he also became friends with over the weekend who is just a little bit younger than he is, they are running up to the playground together. Thought this was a cute picture too :)!










I just happened to luck out and get this picture of my dd, she was swinging in the little kids swing and she was on the return swing towards me. I didn't think that I got the picture I wanted, but I was happily surprised about what I did get :)! She is wearing her brothers sun hat, since he kept dropping it...my Aunt put it on her to keep the sun off of her for a bit. The funny thing is that she would keep this hat on, but not her cute little pink sun hat on that she did have on earlier....






My mom and my Aunt were both up at the playground with us for a bit, they both decided to give the other swing set a try...I don't think they knew I was going to take their picture. Tee hee....gottcha!!!












This is the little girl that my sons made friends with over the weekend, both my 4 year old and this little girl really liked the Teeter totter. Her mother was on the other end, and was giving them both a turn on it. When it was just the two of them on it, they didn't really balance out well!







Here they are again, but this time my oldest son hopped on for a quick Totter :)! Boy was it a hot afternoon, and very Muggy...









Here is my dd picking flowers in what used to be the baseball diamond, well....she is picking Dandelions. It looks like she is in a huge meadow, but she isn't...tee hee! She looks like she is in her own little world there, not noticing the older children running around her making lots of noise.









Here are my 2 kids with the little girl again, up in an old apple tree that is in the baseball field and they wanted me to take their picture! Pretty cool pic I thought :)!







Now for the final picture that says it all, as how well our weekend went and how busy we had been! Lol, but he doesn't look comfortable at all...he slept like that almost the whole way home.

0 comments: