Monday, August 18, 2008

Projects





I wanted to make this card for someone who sent me a little something in the mail the other week, and I also wanted to send them a little surprise in the mail to go with the card. Hope they like it, you will find out in due course as to whom I sent this to :)! I used a new background stamp that I picked up from Carousel Rubberstamp store







My oldest son was invited to his little friends bday party over the weekend, we were unable to attend. I wanted this card to be as girly as I could make it :), for her gift I made one of my wire necklaces...of course that was also pink.




Here is another card that I made for a little boy named Cody, he was just diagnosed with having a tumor the size of an orange on his kidney. He is in surgery now to remove it, and we do know it is cancerous. I am planning on making up a huge basket of goodies to send along to him, his family....like a few meals, some toys etc. Please keep this family in your prayers, this little boys mom is also expecting in September...





I wanted to make this a fun and kind of different kind of card, I added the Cuttlebugged monkey peeking out after I finished the card. Lol, yep...I did what Julie does sometimes (frequently), take the card apart and addit :). I have also decided to get a plain shirt, paint my kids hands and perhaps a few of Cody's other friends hands and put them on the shirt for him...hope it will work out well...will let you know. Will also keep you posted on the news on Cody!!



I also picked this House Mouse stamp up from Carousel (one of my places I haunt for my crafting/card making goodies), and wanted to use it to make a card for Cody's parents. I used one of the new Cuttlebug folders (the birds and swirls), for the front of this card, and used my circle Nestabilities (both the classic and the scallop). I used my SU markers and my Copic Ciao's to color in the House Mouse image, which turned out really beautiful. Sorry this picture doesn't do it justice that is for sure, because it is really bright and pop's off the page. I can't wait to use this stamp again :D!






Over the weekend I was talking to my dh about needed a storage container or shelf for all my SU stamp pads...to which he replied and how many do you have?? Or do I want to know??? Lol, I said I only had 11...so he said that wasn't as bad as what he thought I had...which is good for me because that means I have room to grow my collection :p! He took one of my ink pads out to the garage with him, and several hours later this is what he emerged with...my dh rocks!!! Next he's hopefully make Julie and I a storage unit for our cardstock :)...don't worry Julie he didn't forget!!!




Here is a Xmas ornament that I made this morning actually out of another wonderful stamp I got from Carousel the other day, and I wanted to do something with it today. I used my Nestabilities scalloped circle for this ornament, I stamped and cut out the bird image twice...then I used dimensionals to raise the bird off the page. LOVE this bird image too...going to make more ornaments with this image I think :)...what ideas for this stamp do you have??? I think I will try embossing this bird next, perhaps emboss it using gold powder :)!! Will have to use brighter colors the next time I do this...


Here is another card that I made this morning, as I waited for the silly computer store to call me back to let mw know that my computer was done. I also got this stamp about 2 mos ago from Carousel, and thought it was high time that I used it. My dd really liked the little girl picking up the shells, she picked up the card and tried to make off with it...but before she did I took this picture of her holding it. Too cute :)!
Hugs and happy creating,
Catherine




0 comments: