Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bday cards


Here are the two cards I made for the Bday party tonight, I am not one for making masculine cards (going to have to get more stamps in that category so it will be easier to make these cards perhaps). Anyways, I just decided to use the "Winds of Grace" SU stamp set for these two cards and decided to try out my own kind of technique...it is called daubing. Basically, I used this little wooden foam tipped tool to rub onto my ink pads that I had and then I daubed or rubbed the ink on the paper. The package said it was used for embossing...not too sure for what part of embossing. So I decided to use it for something else, and to my surprise it worked out really well :)! For this first card here I got my dh to tie a flat really nice fishing knot, because I felt that this card needed something else...and I didn't think "bling" would be a good thing to use on a masculin card. Lol!
Here is my second card, I am not too sure if I am happy with it...might have to either get rid of it or perhaps make a completely different new card using my "Boards and Beams" stamp set.


Hugs,
catherine

0 comments: