Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trip to LittleTancook




My dh's family is originally from a little island called "Little Tancook", I have never been there before and nor have my children or my dh for that matter but he had to work. So Aunt Nancy (my dh's Aunt), his grandparents, cousin April, cousin Emily, my 3 children and I all went for a day trip to Tancook. We also went to visit Aunt Francis and other relatives we haven't ever met before, it was great to finally meet these people that you hear so much about. We had a great day for our trip, but it was kind of muggy :)!





Here is cousin Emily talking to Nanny, we were also sort of celebrating Emily's bday even though it was on the 17th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Emily :)!



Emily hasn't seen my dd in a long time, but took to her almost as soon as she saw her again. She wanted to have her picture taken with my dd, too cute! She had fun with my dd all day long, she watched her and played with her the whole day.







My dd isn't the type of child that goes with anyone, she is pretty picky as to whom she goes with. So lucky cousin April is one of the lucky few she will goto, I am sure April was happy she could hold her too. Look at the scenery behind them, can't go wrong with a fishing community for your backdrop :).









I love this picture :)! Nanny looks pleased and excited about our trip, so does Emily...my dd is content to go just about anywhere.








Here is Aunt Nancy, the trip coordinator :)! She has tried to get us to goto Tancook with her on a day trip like this for 2-3 years now. I am so glad that we were able to go this year, and thank you Aunt Nancy for inviting us. We had a lot of fun :)!




Here is the ferry boat that we took over to the island, it had a dump truck full of gravel on it...which sort of made the trip a little more rocky. We were on the same ferry on the way home with the dump truck, but it didn't have it's load.








This is Aunt Francis' house, and she is my dh's Grandfathers sister...she has lived on this island all her life. There are about 30 people who actually live on this little island all year round, there is a one room school house with 3-4 children in it. They actually won a reading contest I think :)!




Here are some of us taking our time getting off the boat, walking along the warf to go to Aunt Francis' house.



This is my dh's grandparents walking together along, I thought this was a cute picture and thought to myself this is what I want to look like at their age. Still happily married, still enjoying life together walking along with several generations of our family.







Cousin April and my dd taking a look over the docks edge to see what things they could see :)! I am hoping that they won't get a up close and personal look at the sea life....










Here is my dd, just doing her own thing...being miss independent :)! What a cutie pie :)!








Here is the first house that my dh's grandparents were in when they first were married, and the house that my dh's father was born in. Pretty neat eh???










Here is my 6 year old son, what a handsome feller he is :D! He had a great time on this trip, and can't wait to go back again soon :)...I think he would rather spend the day picking raspberries or finding different shells. He is quite the outdoorsy kind of guy :)!




Here are all the cousins together in front of where this family began :)! I had a hard time getting my other son to cooperate to smile for the camera, that is to smile at the camera without having his hands or hat in front of his face. Lol, I tried!! Here is cousin April watching my dd get soaked :)!







Here is my dd getting soaked, not having a care in the world...well, except for that seaweed that kept rolling in on the waves.






Here is my all time favorite picture, it is of my middle son and of cousin April together :)! He also had a good day collecting shells (gotta do what big brother does)!

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Looks like you all had a great day! That is so awesome to have pics of the house...I am thinkin' some scrappin' might be needed with some of these pics ;0)