Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last SU night with Yvonne




Here is my card for our SU night's card challenge/swap, I thought I would do a Christmas card since yesterday was a very muggy day and I wanted to keep cool :). The challenge was to use a stamp that you haven't inked up yet, and so I broke out the stamps that I got from Carousel the other day. I really enjoyed creating this card, but I think I need to play around with the coloring of that bird. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but it had to do !



Here is the card that I got from our swap last night, we all drew names and then exchanged the cards we made with each other. I drew Louise's name, and she here is the beautiful card that she created for our card swap....nice eh? I always love Louise's work, everyone did such an amazing job on their cards and or little note book :)!


Last night was Yvonne's last SU night as Demo, so we gave her a few gifts to say thank you for all that she has done for us :). We got her a gift card to a local restaurant, a gift card to Carousel one of our local craft stores and Val made her a little something too. Here is the card I made for Yvonne, I just can't get enough of this set from Papertrey :p!! We will miss Yvonne and her wonderful workshops :(!!

Here are the two projects that we made last night, the first project we did was this beautiful card. We took some glossy paper, then we sanded it both length ways and sideways and then we took the Brayer to it. It made a linen look to it, then we stamped the flower on using Close to Cocoa and the Chocolate chip ink. Next we stamped the stem using the Chocolate chip ink, then added the leaves to the stem with the Close to Cocoa. neat technique eh?? We also stamped underneath the top layer using a soft pink color, with the flower stamp. LOVED this technique :)!

Baroque Motif stamp set, which I haven't used in a littleHere is the second card that we made, and this one I really really liked...it is a very elegant and easy to make card. I think it is the colors that Yvonne chose that really made the card have that elegant but soft look to it :)! We used the while and so it was nice to use it again :).


Here is a picture of the inside of the card, and the folds that were used to create this card. Yvonne said that she got this cards instructions from the Splitcoaststampers website, so if you want to know how to make it you can go there.
Val gave us each a cute little notebook from the dollar store, so our next challenge is to alter this little note book...thanks Val :)! Here's the catch though, we aren't allowed to use the usual colors we use (Kim, myself, Louise), we aren't allowed to use the usual stamps we use (Julie-no butterflies, Yvonne- no SU stamp sets, No house mouse for one of the other ladies, and Kelly nothing to do with alcoholic beverages) and Val has to color...actually color a picture :). So this challenge will be interesting that is for sure :D!!!! Poor Julie, not allowed to use her Butterfly stamps...wonder what she will use???

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a super stamping day/night :)!

0 comments: