Saturday, July 19, 2008

Spring Roll Adventures

My family is going to our annual family pool party over at my Dh's Aunts house tomorrow, and every year we are asked to bring something to add to the goodies to eat. This year I decided that I would make chocolate chip cookies, but that I would try my hand at something different and new :D! I was told how to make them, I can't really say I learned how to make them when no one really showed me how. Anyways, this first picture is of the filling and I made this yesterday morning :). Let me tell you after I made this I wanted to make the rolls right away, and my children wanted them too.
Here are the spring rolls that I rolled up and am putting into my pot to fry up, looks yummy...the only thing I must say is that my spring rolls looked nothing like my friends. Mine look like those spring rolls you get at the grocery store to serve as appetizers, and my friends are nice and thin/long looking. Mine taste really good though, going to have to figure out how to have more filling in them though the next time I make these.




Here is my finished product, and I am impressed, plus my house smells really really yummy. I really hope these are a hit tomorrow at the party, I am all nervous now. If you would like a recipe just leave a comment and I will e-mail one out to you :)!



Hugs,
catherine

1 comments:

www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com said...

I just finished reading your comment on Michelle's post over at www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I am so glad that you stuck to your guns.

Now....about that recipe.....:0)

I hope to see you over at 5MFSN more often too.