Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pool Party 2008 at Aunt Nancy's







This is my middle child, going into the pool for the second time...the first time he just jumped right in. There were lots of adults around, both in and out of the pool so he was in good company :)!




Here is my dh trying to help my middle son put swimming goggles on, they were too big and so my dh is trying to adjust them. He just loves to use the mask and snorkel when he is in the pool...it is almost like he forgets he can't swim well and just takes off. With the mask and snorkel on he swims like a fish, without them he clings to you for dear life.



This is my Brother in law, helping my dd into a floaty car...she has finally taken to him. She swam around with him for awhile, then he went off with his wife. She LOVED the pool at Aunt Nancy's, but she doesn't like our little inflatable pool...funny girl.




Here is my dd in the floating inflatable car I told you about that my brother in law was putting her in. She loved it alot, didn't want to get out and she shrieked when her brother tried to use it. Love this picture :)!






This is my Sister in law with my son, helping him stabilized on the inflatable frog. Looks like he's having lots of fun :D! The frog was used by a few older guys in the pool, because they were trying to see who could sit on it the longest. The frog got a hole in him, and can't be used anymore :(!

Here is cousin April, holding my new little nephew who was visiting us from Moncton. She looks like she is loving every minute of holding the little guy. Everyone wanted to have a turn holding him, which gave his mom a nice break for a little bit so she could get into the pool.




We have this cute towel that we've had since our first son was born, and it has been passed down. It is a crab towel that has a hood, so the towel is like a poncho and keeps the child warm :)! Here is my cute little crab :)!



Here is my oldest, he is a fish in the water, he too seems to do better with the mask on and the snorkel. He is doing really well with swimming, before he was like his brother wouldn't let go of you at all. He was the last one out of the pool I believe, he still didn't want to get out even though he was cold. It was supper time, so he came out to get something off the BBQ from Uncle Earl...










These wonderful women are my dh's relatives, from left to right we have: Aunt Judy, nanny, cousin April, and Erin (my dh's cousins girlfriend). They are all watching the fun goings on in the pool, and relaxing in the somewhat sunny day :)!








My dh drying off and keeping our dd warm in several towels, but she didn't stay there long...she went back into the pool again.










Here is my dd trying to get a turn to hold her new little cousin, and boy was she excited when she had her turn. She didn't want to let him go, and surprisingly she was very very gentle with him but was quite upset when she had to give him up.







Every year Aunt Nancy has a candy toss, or pinata or a treasure hunt and so this year she decided to do a treasure hunt. All cousins of all ages were there to participate, and the other adults were to participate by throwing candy out to the kids when they finished the treasure hunt. For the final task they had to sing a song to us, they decided to sing "Old MacDonald" and then we threw candy out to them to say what a great job singing :)!



Here we have the people that were standing on the deck to throw candy out to the kids :)! We have my mother in law, Nanny, Aunt Nancy and Grandad. This is also the final picture I have for Pool Party 2008 :)!


Hugs,
Catherine

1 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

HI Catherine! I love these photos, I hadn't seen them. Good for you to have so much family all around... aw... look at them soaked ;)