Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day at the beach


It was a beautiful day on Saturday, so we went up to the beach that is just up the road from us...we have 3 beaches up the road from us and we hadn't gone to any of them to have an afternoon at the beach. So we gathered up all our beach toys, my dh even brought his kayak to play in the waves with...the waves were huge and we were thinking it had to do with hurricane Bertha. Here are the pictures that I took all throughout the afternoon, hope you like them :)!
kayak sitting on the shoreline. This second picture is of my dh, and my dd in his was a cute picture but just as I took it my dd blinked and made a funny face. Oh well, I tried right?? The beach up the road from us is where all the surfers go usually. When there is a storm coming we usually know, because of the number of cars going by with surf boards on them.




Just to give you an idea of how big the waves were, here is my dh out in them and a few minutes after this picture was taken the waves got too big. My dh decided they were only getting bigger, that it wasn't a good idea to be out there for too much longer...so he came in and pulled our two sons in the kayak along the shoreline.



Here is a picture of my dd, just finding out what sand beneath her toes was like...she was a little unsure of it. She got upset when it got on her hands, and she couldn't get it off herself...she did however try to lick it off since nothing else seemed to be working. Here is my oldest son playing, who was playing next to his sister and thought it would be a good time to get a picture of him. What a smile :D!

Here is a picture of my middle son, he was running towards me, so I thought I would try to get a picture of him. Especially since he doesn't sit still long enough for a picture to be taken, lol :)! This picture turned out pretty good :)!


Here is a picture of my dd, thinking it is best to sit on a beach towel and play in the sand and not sit in the sand. Lol, my little bathing beauty :)! She just didn't like the fact sand doesn't come off easily...

1 comments:

Bunny B said...

That's so great living near the beach! Looks like you guys had some great fun! :)