Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby Shower gift for Tara



Here is the cute card I made using my Nestabilities, and since I folded my paper over in half it was thick enough when it ran through the Cuttlebug that it also got embossed too :)! Cute card eh? I have seen different versions of this card online, but thought I would try my hand at it...going to make another one later on today I think so we will see how it goes. The stamps for this card, I actually picked up from Zellers...gotta luv that and they were on sale too :D! Speaking of Zeller's, I noticed at Walmart the other day that they carry Martha Stewart items...not that I am into her stuff. Just thought I would pass it along to my fellow Nova Scotians who are into her stuff and it is probably cheaper than Michael's.

Anyways, I made this card for a friend of mine that I met through some of my other friends at a "Mommies Night out" and she is expecting her 3rd child soon. We had a surprise shower for her last night, and I thought since baby was getting lots of stuff that I would do something different. I made the mom one of my necklaces, so that it would be a reminder of this special day for her :)! Here is the necklace that I made for my friend, her daughter loved it and wore it for a bit.
Hugs,
Catherine




2 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

I saw the card! she left it here along with a few other things, it is so sweet! I called Julie in a panic to ask her if she had any recently done '; baby shower cards' and I was going to send Darius to go get it from her, but I never got a hold of her. I am going senile! I never once stopped to think that you were coming and ' hello' you make cards!!!! >.< as you saw my gift had no card.. no time, thanks for coming again, Tara stayed late and she thanked me she was really touched that we all did that for her ;)
the necklace is beautiful! Paulina is right! do a workshop for us on how to make them! it can be another night out at my house

Julie Mutch said...

This is so sweet, Catherine! I just love it! I'm soooo gonna have to CASE this one for my next baby card! lol :) Great job!