Wednesday, November 26, 2008

xmas tutorial



Okay, so my teabag book idea came to a halt (for now anyways) because it is hard to find those teas that are individually wrapped. Plus, to make my life more difficult it is harder to find a Xmas tea with individually wrapped tea bags...oh well and so it was time to find something else that would work just as well.  Or my other choice was to do something completely different...but I really was looking forward to using the teabag books. 

So my mom came across these bags of coffee at Second Cup (which is a 
chain here in Canada, not too sure if it is in the States or not),  and it is called Caramelo coffee light
 medium roast ground coffee. They are big bags
 like the usual one's you can get from your grocery store, they are about half of one of those bags of coffee..but I HIGHLY recommend this coffee because it is YUMMY and even smells good.  So I wan
ted to do something around this little bag of coffee, but didnt' know what, was thinking a cup holder for a hot drink like at Starbucks. Then I thought I wanted to do something a big more than that, so here is what I came up with for my little coffee bag.  And surprise of all surprises I even am going
 to include a tutorial here for y
ou to make your very own :)! 

Supplies you need:

~2 strips of 8 1/2" by 3 1/2" cardstock of your choice
~ 2 strips of any patterned papper of your choice ( 6 1/2" by 3 1/2" are the measurements)
~paper trimmer
~2 pieces of any color ribbon Ribbon 2 " in length
~4 eyelets
~Crop-a-dile
~Super tacky tape (from Michael's)
~ Double sided tape from the Dollar store
~3 dimensionals
~2 Nestability different s
izes scalloped circles cut out on any color cardstock you want
~ See D's coffee set
~Archival Black ink
~markers of your choice

Steps:







1)  First cut your plain cardstock to make 8 1/2" by 3 1/2 " strips, then attach the two strips together using super tacky tape.  Also attach your eyelets using your crop-a-dile at 
both ends of your 
attached pieces of cardstock.










2)
 Next take your two pieces of patterned paper (6 1/2" by 3 1/2 ") and attach them to the front of each strip of 8 1/2" by 3 1/2"
cardstock using your super tacky tape.










3)Next cut out your Scalloped circle Nestablilities out of 2 different colored
 cardstock of your choice and then attach those 2 scalloped circles together.









4) Stamp your coffe cup image on a piece of scrap white cardstock, then color it in using any markers you might ha
ve. I used my Tombow markers for this project :)! Then attach your colored coffee cup image onto the scalloped circles using 3 dimensionals, and you can use any size dimensionals but I used the small round one's on this project. 











5)  Then please attach the scalloped circles and the stamped image onto your main project, and I would suggest either using your super tacky tape or your dollar store tape. Next, attach your bag of coffee using a piece of super tacky tape to your bag that you made. 

6) Thread ribbon through the eyelets and then tie them so they won't come apart. Then that is it, your cute coffee bag holder/bag :)!  

Thanks for stopping by,  and I hope you have a great crafty day :)!

Hugs,
catherine
 


1 comments:

Deborah March said...

Nicely done Ms Catherine! Thanks for the tutorial. See you next week!