Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thank you card


I was in need of a "Thank you" card for a friend of mine, I decided that I HAD to figure out how to use the SU scallop punch and that this is the card I wanted to use it on. Here is a bit of background information about the issue I had with this punch, see I thought it was one solid punch long enough to get the length of a card in one punch (know what I mean?). But it doesn't, it ony gets about 1-2" of the card and you have to punch it 2 times or more...I found it hard to line up and to get the scallops to not look deformed. So I turned the punch over so that I could line it up better, sure enough that is a whole lot easier but not as easy as I was hoping it would be. Sorry about the lighting, I sooooo HAVE to take a photography course or something...or get my dh to rig me up a photo box :D!
Supplies:
Cardstock:
SU Very Vanilla Cardstock, Chocolate chip cardstock, avacado green cardstock from Carousel Rubberstamp store
Ink:
Archival ink black, Archival ink Coffee, SU Bravo Burgandy and SU Always Artichoke, 985 Tombow marker
Stamp sets:
SU Watercolor garden, another stamp set from SU with HUGE daisies in it not sure of it's name, SU Short and Sweet stamp set
Others:
Burgandy ribbon from Michael's, dollar store double sided tape, a dauber, and Cuttlebug folder with branch, Cuttlebug, SU Scallop punch
Hugs,
catherine

0 comments: