Friday, December 7, 2007

a baby card for a little girl


This is another card that I will be using for the set of cards for one of the boxes of cards I will be giving to someone for Christmas :)! I used a piece of blush cardstock from Carousel as my cards base, then I cut out a piece of patterned piece of cardstock so that it would only cover half of my card. I attached it to the bottom part of my card using the photo stickers, and the patterned paper came from the large slab of patterned paper that I picked up from Walmart (called "Smitten"). I then used a piece of Mellow Moss scrap piece of cardstock ( I also used the ticket punch on the corners), attached it to the center of my card and then I stamped the bunny from the set called "A Birthday Wish" from CTMH. I stamped the image onto a white piece of cardstock, colored it in using my Tombow markers and then I attached it to the piece of Mellow Moss cardstock using my mini pop dots. I was going to stamp an image onto the top portion of my cards base on the Blush cardstock and also the Versamark ink pad, but then I thought it would make the card look too busy.

I have to make a few more cards (okay a bit more than a few cards), and then I am done...then I am onto another project that I have to finnish before Sunday. I found large metal stainless steel containers at a place called Princess Auto (it is one of those stores that has everything that you can imagine in it ), that resemble the wedding favor tins that everyone is using for their Advent calendars on their blogs. These one's I found are larger, not too sure of the size, but can let you know tonight when my dh brings them home :)! I thought they would be a perfect size to alter, and to add xmas candy inside to give to people for Christmas...you know those people in your life like the mailman, the bus driver or if someone you weren't expecting to give you a gift does give you one..then you can whip one of these beauties out :). I am trying to give the people who are recieving my greeting cards and boxes a variety of cards, not to give them one set theme...so far so good :)!

0 comments: