Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Altered tins

For this tin, I used a piece of the patterned paper from the huge slab of Christmas paper that you can get at Michael's. I measured the paper so it was a bit smaller than what I would usually do, but I did this so that it would fit better

!! On the first two tins that I made I didn't do that, and I wish that I did because it would have saved me a lot of problems. The other thing I noticed was that the paper from SU "Wintergreen" collection wasn't cut square when it was being made. It was slightly off, so when I measured and cut out my 2 pieces out (for my first 2 tins) they went on straight to start but became wonky as I went along.

Once I attached my patterned paper onto my tin using the super tacky tape, I measured and cut out another strip of the patterned paper and then I attached it to the lid of the tin. Next, I stamped the Jolie's Fleurs large flower onto a white piece of cardstock and then I colored in the flower with my Tombow markers. I might add some ribbon, and a tag but I haven't decided yet!! I also filled this tin with some Christmas M&M's :)!

I recommend that you use a really good scrub brush on the inside before you alter the tin, because it has a indentation on the inside that has some grime that needs to be scraped out with lots of elbow grease.