Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wow, what a xmas


First, of all I need to let you all know that I had THE BEST xmas gift ever this year...nope and it wasn't from my dh either...although his gift did rank high :) *sorry dear*!  My xmas wish this year was to see my middle child be excited about Christmas, to show emotions that any other child would have when opening a gift and to see that it is what they wanted.  Last Xmas we didn't get any excitement from him, and that was hard for me to see him not be excited about gifts he asked for and got. It was hard for me to see him just sit there and open gifts one after another without showing any kind of emotion from him...it was like he was empty :(!

Well, let me tell you Xmas 2008 was the complete opposite :D!  My son was so excited about every gift he opened, sometimes he got a little too excited and started to shake...but he was showing emotions.  I couldn't believe my eyes, nor could anyone else that has seen him over the past week or two...he has made HUGE changes, especially from last year which is awesome :)!  
He came home from school the other day, ran in the house to his little sister and said "Hi, my little cutie...I missed you so much!" Then he gave her a hug and a kiss, HE HAS NEVER DONE that before ever...I was almost in tears to see/hear this coming from him :)!  I am so thankful that we put him on that diet, and so greatful for 
everyone who works with him at his preschool 2 full days a week.   Just look at these two pictures I took of him...can't you see the excitement and the emotions there??  I know it might not sound much to anyone esle, but it is something HUGE for us and our family and I just wanted to share with you my xmas wish :)!

Hugs,
catherine

2 comments:

mudmaven said...

I am so happy for you! We took your suggestion and put my grandson on that diet too and he is doing so much better! He starts with specialized training after he turns 3 in January and I am very hopeful. Thank you so much for your help, inspiration and encouragement. It is so good to see your son doing so well! ~chris

Tracy.H said...

I am so happy for you, Catherine! That is so awesome...and so is that smile! :0)