Monday, December 8, 2008

It is 1 year since my Oma's funeral


Yep, today is not only my dd's and my brother's bday but it has also been one year today that my Oma was buried. Just wanted to write two seperate posts...

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since she has passed away, time flies nowadays...it seems you blink and a year has gone by.  This year at Christmas time I am going to miss going over to my Oma's apartment and celebrating xmas with her on Christmas eve. We would all go over for supper, it would be a German meal...herring salad, with Rouladen (some roast beef meal), with Pickled Pumpkin.  Then we would go sit in the living room, and either listen to my dad play flute or accordian, or we would listen to Oma's favorite X-mas German records.  Then we would open our gifts to eachother too, while the candles on the xmas tree would burn :)!  Once we all cleaned up, put away the boxes and wrapping paper we would go home to bed. Going to mis that this year...

Miss you Oma

Hugs,
Catherine

1 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

It's hard to believe that it's been a year already since the passing of your Oma. May you take this time to remember all the wonderful memories of time spent with her and know that she's at peace now and watching down on you with that beautiful smile.

Big Hugs,
Julie