Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Product review



Here is a question for you that I would love you to think about for a second, if you have a second or two to spare (step away from your coffee maker for a second). Do you have a really really good Paper trimmer?? I mean a paper trimmer that actually cuts straight everytime, a paper trimmer that has a good ruler that isn't wonky, one that has something to hold your paper down so while you are cutting you get a perfect cut??? Do you have a paper trimmer that folds up or cuts so you don't have little funny looking torn edges???




I found THE PERFECT paper timmer, thanks to Deborah who found this paper trimmer first...and all I have to say is WOW it cuts through paper so easily without having to jig your blade this way and that. It cuts your paper right the FIRST time not the second and third, and it is easy to just trim a little off without bending or mishaping your paper. Believe me I have tried different paper cutters...the name of this paper trimmer is: "12 by 12 Precision Paper Trimmer" by Making Memories and it has a self sharpening blade. I highly recommend this paper trimmer, and one can pick it up at Michael's using your coupon otherwise it is like $79.99 in the end with taxes over at Photo Memories.



I have tried the cute Fiskars paper trimmer (the small desktop one), and at first I thought this one was the best but I was WRONG. It doesn't cut your papers straight at least I don't think it does, and it needs it's blade replaced a fair bit too (perhaps that is just a sign of how often I use it :P)! I have had friends swear by this paper trimmer but it just doesn't cut it (tee hee pardon the pun)...





Then my dh found this really nice industrial kind of size paper trimmer, that is heavy...not that easy to store, for me at the Dartmouth Surplus store for $30.oo and again I was mislead to think this was THE paper trimmer. This paper trimmer is also by Fiskars, but it doesn't have a super ruler on it...wears off the trimmer quickly I found! Sure it cuts nicely, sure it is easy to remove the blade to change it, but you have to have a bit of umph to push down on the handle then slide it all in one go...kind of hard if you have arthritis. It cuts better than the Fiskars small paper trimmer, and I liked the rotary trimmer better than the small blade that slides through your paper.

Happy crafting :)!

Hugs,
catherine

3 comments:

Nancy said...

My favourite paper cutter is a large 12" Tonic guillotine style cutter. My favourite trimmer is by Marvy... has interchangeable blades with different cuts on them!

Unknown said...

I agree with nancy...I have the Tonic 12" guillotine cutter and it works perfect everytime! I have the fiskars for traveling & scoring and it works ok, but the guillotine is the way to go in my opinion!

Anita

Deborah March said...

I SO agree! This is the best paper cutter I've ever owned...and there have been several. (lol)