Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beasts outside my house


Well, my whole road is getting paved *HURRAY* and it really really needs it but I didn't realize they'd be bringing out the big guns here to pave it. Now there is hardly any room for people to pass by them, they have to drive on the sides of the road close to the ditches and you have to follow the "follow me truck". So now they are all sitting outside my house waiting, and I am hoping they will be done in an hour since I have to go get my son from the bus stop...not looking very promising since these aren't fast moving trucks. I have 4 steam rollers outside (lol, how many steam rollers does it take to pave a small country road???) , and lots and lots of dump trucks...got these pics to share with you :)! If you are a little boy this is the place to be, quite the happening spot :p! Umm...gotta run outside to save my garbage bins from all the traffic and steam rollers, thought my dh put those away the other day guess not...*sigh*
I think I have a bit more time than I thought to get those bins in, because I think it is lunch time since they are at a dead stop and no one is going anywhere and they are all standing around. Or perhaps they are all standing around and watching the others work...I dunno!! My poor driveway has never seen so much traffic, lol, they are all using it to back up to turn around in...
Here is a pic of 1-2 steam rollers, plus one of my neighbours going home...thought I should add the steam roller in here for those of you who have little boys :)!



Hugs,
catherine

0 comments: