Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The happiness is there again


Hard to believe this day has come, you are probably wondering what exactly I mean by that statement...well let me tell you :)! My 4 year old son has been having some behavioral issues since he was 3, he has been having Sensory Integration issues too and it is hard to explain but it is like the light in his eyes just wasn't there. Anyways, my dd didn't feel safe around him or never wanted to play with him at all or hug him...it seems she is always looking over her shoulder to see if he is flying around the corner without looking where he is going. Well, we have had him on a restricted diet (no dairy, eggs, corn, wheat, sugar, juice, or fruit* he can have 2 servings of fruit a day*) for about 3 weeks now and let me tell you the change is AMAZING :)! Last Tuesday I wasn't too sure that this diet thing was working, so I took him off just to see what it has done for him...let's just say complete and utter chaos errupted! He went from being a very verbal child to a non verbal child in a short period of time, he just grunted, groaned and screamed at high pitches. He became so frustrated/upset that he cried all afternoon and evening, so I put him to bed early and vowed to never take him off that diet again!!
I took this picture yesterday, and I had to share it with you...look at them sitting there happily and she wasn't trying to get away. Since he has been on this diet the light has come back into his eyes, his little sister has wanted to hug him constantly and she wants to play with him :)! I am just amazed that something so simple could cause such chaos, but now the challenge is to figure out what of those things he can't have is the cuplrit for that huge change in him??? It really makes me think, that we all should go back to what our grandparents used to eat...by that I mean meats, veggies, homemade things that don't contain processing or deep frying. I know, I know, you don't have time...but do you know what think of the changes you might experience if you start eating those things again??? Worth a try right, worth the time???

Anyways, that's enough rambling from me today :)!

Hugs,
catherine

3 comments:

mudmaven said...

Oh my this sounds so much like my grandson. Can you tell me where I can get more information on this? Thanks! ~chris

Anita said...

I totally agree with you. My "kin folk" all live in Arkansas and still eat the "old" way. My great grandparents lived into their late 90's and I still have great aunts/uncles who are in their late 80's/early 90's and still going like gangbusters! There is something to not eating preservatives.

Also, my daughter-in-law is from Florence, Italy. The Italians don't eat preserved food either and they live long, healthy lives!

Thanks for sharing!

http://stampinwithanita.com/

Tracy.H said...

They are too cute! I am so happy for you that you are finally starting to get somewhere. And I hear ya on this...just tough when we have all grown up on processed foods...but I think we are all worth it! :0)