Thursday, October 29, 2009

surgery went well

For those of you who didn't know, yesterday morning I had knee surgery on my left knee...basically it is genetics and sports combo issue but something I have to live with for the rest of my life. I have Osteo Arthritis, am referred to the pain clinic to help me work with/manage the pain and the surgery was a temporary fix but would love if it lasts longer. The surgeon did a re-lateral release, as the guy who did it before did it wrong or it healed wrong or both :( plus they also looked around my joint line and cleaned out the back of my knee cap again. This is my third surgery!

My surgery went really well, can actually put weight on it which I couldn't do the first 2 surgeries and the good news is my pain in my hip I was getting because of my knee is now gone too :)! I will be laid up for a bit, but am thinking I will be up and at em again soon :D...this morning I woke up with a sore throat but that is because of the breathing tube they put in during the surgery.
Will keep you posted on my recovery, and thank you for those of you who did know about my surgery and kept me in your thoughts...means a lot :)! Today I will be crafty, get tons of things made and posted for you all...at least my hands still work :p!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

So glad to hear that the surgery went well. Not sure if I didn't know or if I just completely forgot...you take care and I hope this surgery has worked to aleviate the pain for awhile! :0)

Deborah March said...

I'm so pleased your surgery went well Ms Catherine! Hope you heal quickly!

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

So glad your surgery went well. Hope you heal quickly.