Friday, April 24, 2009

Our Appointment

 

Our follow up appiontment yesterday morning, was THE most weirdest appointment that I have ever been to...I honestly thought that I walked into the wrong room or perhaps someone was on some sort of trippy drugs...and it wasn't me.  Lol!  The doctor would tell you one thing, then not even 2 seconds later would contradict herself and tell you something else...it was a BIG joke if you ask me.  Long story short, she wants my son off the gluten free diet because she doesn't like it but wants him on the children's form of Prozak for his OCD/ADHD compulsions. I told her I wasn't comfortable with that, since we don't have a diagnosis but she snapped back at me and said "that's because you are anxious!"  Huh?  Did I miss so
mething there...yeah I am anxious, because I don't want to put my son on drugs if we don't have to...and does he really have those things she says he has??  
I sent her in video's and picture clips of concerning behaviors, appaprently according to her it is noral for a child to hit themselves in the head and hum for hours. Not where I come from it isn't!!  I was so puzzled at this point, I was sending weird looks to my Early Interventionist who was there and she was sending them back...lol.  
Then at the end of the meeting she told me that she was quite concerned about me, that I am anxious, have anxieties and I am VERY stressed!  I wonder why!!!!  So I politely explained to her that I was all of those things because I am not being taken seriously
, that I am not being heard, that my family is a number not a patient...once again to that she says "oh no no no, you are just anxious, stressed...!"  I repeated my speech again at least 5 times about why I am stressed, and she just didn't hear me or want to listen to me...
We are thinking about forgetting about the weird healthcare system and continuing to do what we are doing on our own, which is working for us in a lot of ways. Not 100 % sure what to do next, it is in God's hands :)!

Hugs,

1 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I am so sorry to hear that things did not go well for you. Is there anyway that you could travel to another city and see someone else? Keep pushing on and believe in our own instincts...you know what's best for your child. If you feel that there is something wrong...keep fighting for him!! I can only imagine how hard it must be. Big HUGS!!! :0)