Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Here is what Yvonne's project for us last night


We did 3 projects in all last night, I did one and Yvonne created 2 for us to do last night at our monthly crafty night get together. Here is the first project that Yvonne did with us, and you can find the tutorial for it over at the Splitcoaststampers forum (sorry I don't remember the name of this project for you to look up, but am sure once I post this one of my gals will let me know).  I had fun making this project, gorgeous patterned SU paper too :)!  


The second project that we made with Yvonne, we used the new Sizzix die from SU...she ran black cardstock through the Cuttlebug and using the new die.  Then we had to cut out around the embossed flowers, next we turned it over so the negative embossing is up.  We took some pen glue she had and glued in all the valley's of the flower that was embossed, but on the negative embossed side (clear as mud right?).
  Yvonne then gave us different colored glitter to sprinkle over the glue we had just used, we got rid of any excess glitter by banging it and then brushing off the rest that was where we didn't want it.  We also embossed our sentiments on using black embossing powder, then we used our double sided tape to attach the glittered flower on to part of the cards base.  



Once we finished doing our 3 projects we drew names, so that we could exchange our "challenge cards" with eachother.  Yvonne drew the names
 for us, and she drew Kim's name for me...here is the gorgeous card that I recieved from Kim :)! I put your card up on my crafty room wall, so that anyone who comes to visit us will see what all of my friends have created.   



Before we started our crafty night, we all exchanged the stamps we borrowed from eachother or anything else we had for someone else in our group.  Kim gave me back my Impression Obsession stamp set back that she borrowed from me and she also gave me a beautiful journal that she altered.  The journals 
pages also had 3 corner bookmarks, that had: Hope, Journey and cherish stamped on them. Thank you so much Kim for this beautiful journal, I can't wait to use this for something special :)!  


I also forgot with being sick and all to post
Deborah's card that she made for an extra challenge we put out to our group of gals last month.  Deborah was away from her crafty room visiting her grandchildren, so she made me a beautiful digi card that had the "faux stitching on it" (which was the challenge, to make a card with faux stitching or paper piercing on it).  Thank you so much for this beautiful card Deborah, I have put it up on my crafty room wall so that all might see it :)!


Hugs,

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

What a FUN evening together! Thanks so much for your yummy treat too! ;)

Julie Mutch said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that I missed a great night out! I was thinking of you all, though!

What beautiful projects! I love the 'box bag'. I'm gonna have to try one of those that Yvonne did with you. Such a pretty gift bag idea!

Hope you have a great Easter weekend. Take care!

Hugs,
Julie