Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Card for the day

Here is my card for the day, but am sure I will be making a few more today that I just may post as well :p!I also decided to use something other than Sweetpea stamps for this card, even though they are addictive :p!  I used the Studio G stamp set I picked up the other day to create this card, it came with the "today" sentiment, the flowers along the bottom and the dragonfly. The border that you see isn't a stamp, nope, it is actually a stencil that I picked up from Julie's cousin's store when we made the road trip with Julie :)!
I placed the stencil on the patterned paper, then sponged black ink over top of the stencil to make this beautiful elegant border. The stencil, is only 5 by 5 with other several different flourishes on it...will take a picture of it to show you what other flourishes are on it :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine

Stamps: "Studio G" Today set
Ink: Archival Jet black ink
Card stock: Blue, and Black card stock from Carousel, SU "Very Vanilla" card stock, pp from Val's stash (thank you Val)
Accessories: Nestabilities, dimensionals, Sook Wang Double Sided tape, Martha Stewart light green ribbon, make up sponge from Dollar Store

1 comments:

SherylH said...

What a pretty card! Great idea to use the stencil over patterned paper -- do you know who makes the stencil?