Friday, November 6, 2009

Update #3

My lil dd, had her H1N1 shot Monday afternoon then on Tuesday she woke up with a high fever and a nasty headache. All her symptoms basically went away on Wed, but that night in the middle of the night she got a wet cough and a high fever of 102 and another headache. Yesterday, she complained of a headache most of the day but was still wanting to play with my Mom who has been out for the week helping me since my knee surgery. Last night at 11 p.m., my dd woke up with a high fever of 103 again and a nasty headache, could hardly breath and had a nasty cough which didn't help her breathing. I called the lovely 811 telehealth #, but then decided they'd tell me to go to the children's hospital and I took her in...sadly I wasn't ready for what was to happen next. She started to throw up about 15 minutes from our house, she threw up all over herself but luckily got a bag for her to hold.
We got to the children's hospital at about 12:00 a.m., there were 10 or so children all doing the same things my dd was doing and were throwing up all in cue it seemed. Poor lil one's :(! Anyways, the doctor finally saw us at like 2-2:30 a.m. and he told me anyone who has flu like symptoms HAS H1N1 as the seasonal flu isn't out yet. Plus, he kind of hinted that they are now thinking the H1N1 vaccinations may cause them to get it anyways...don't think that is likely...
My dd was given Tamiflu, we just pulled into our driveway about an hour after she had her first dose to only loose most of it but this time she didn't get it everywhere.
This morning we are very tired, and she isn't well still...hoping she won't get worse as we are getting snow here today about 15 cm of the white stuff...hoping my dd will have a nap soon.

Inky Hugs,
Catherine

3 comments:

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

awww, poor Maiah. Hope she's feeling better soon, will be praying. Hang in there. ***HUGS***

Anita Hovey said...

Oh My...hope everyone feels better soon! She must have had the H1N1 before she got the shot...stupid doctor!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Hope she is better now. My girls have not had the shot yet...they are over 5 and they are not available yet for everyone else. But I still wonder if we should get them or not. My oldest has asthma though, so... It's a tough thing...